Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

Okay, so it's been a while since I've used this blog, but I'm going to try and make at least a casual commitment to keep it semi-updated. Last weekend, I read The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde and pretty much loved it. One review called it, "a silly book for smart people," and I pretty much agree!

This was recommended by my friend Emily and was the perfect after-dinner mint for my Jane Eyre/Am. Lit Seminar last semester. It really is funny, and basically anybody who has read Jane Eyre should read it. I believe the next book by Fforde is based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll/Charles Dodgson, so I shall have to read up on Alice before diving into that next phenomenon.

The Eyre Affair earned me some possible brownie points, too. I had my teacher's college interview at York U on Saturday and shared with my interviewers that I was a bit of a bookworm. One of the two teachers who interviewed me asked me for a book recommendation, and I told her about Fforde and she was very exited. It's the book that keeps on giving, I guess!

No comments: